Hello!!! & Hap - Hap - Happy Friday!!!
I haven't linked up with Miss Leslie in a while for a good 'ol confess sesh so, I was thinking I'll pay the Blonde Ambition a visit today!
I've been bad... really bad this week. Eating out at fast food places some, not cooking at home & wasting the groceries that I've bought. I don't know what's happened to me! (Actually I do, it's called mother nature stopping by for a visit). Alas, next week will be better - I promise myself!
With all this bad eating this week... my co-workers & I somehow conned one of our other co-workers to go to IHOP & get us breakfast! Happy Friday to us!
After doing the 5DSD last week from Tone It Up, I've decided that fresh collard greens are NOT my thing. I'll stick with lettuce... & Kale after trying it last night.
For the last 2 days, I haven't done 1 single wedding related task... & I'm ok with that. I figure we've got about 11 months so, I have plenty of time to plan. However, that all changes tonight because we're going to look at our reception venue!!!
Can I just say that I never knew just how much photographers cost!? Geeze Louise! No, I don't want a $500 job but, I also don't want to give up my first born either! Thankfully, I've found some that would just like a sample of blood! Whew!
SURPRISE! I have a new recipe for y'all!!!
I had several fresh produce things left over in my fridge that I didn't want to go to waste. So, I started pulling things out of my fridge, called my Aunt to bounce a couple ideas off her & I was onto making Sweet & Sour Chicken Salad!
What you'll need...
Sea Salt & Ground Black Pepper
1/2 Red Bell Pepper
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
1. Dice carrots & bell pepper into bite size pieces.
2. Spray your pan with Olive Oil & place the thawed chicken in the pan.
3. Season chicken with Salt, Ground Pepper & Garlic Powder. Then, cover generously with the Sweet & Sour Sauce & squeeze 1/2 of a fresh lime juice over all 4 pieces of chicken.
4. Place the diced carrots & bell pepper around the chicken in the pan.
5. Bake in the oven at 350* for 30 minutes.
6. While the chicken is baking, slice up your cucumber & prepare your lettuce & kale.
7. Once the chicken is completely cooked, dice into bite size pieces. In a large bowl, mix the lettuce, kale, cucumber, chicken, bell peppers & carrots.
VOILA! You have Sweet & Sour Chicken Salad!
*Use the juices from the chicken as your dressing... delicious!
I'm always a little nervous about making up new recipes for Matt & I ... You just never know how they'll turn out & I hate potentially wasting food! However, this one turned out really good!
Let me know if you try it & what you think!
Do you have any new recipes you tried lately or made up? Do share!
We've got a busy weekend ahead... per usual! See ya Monday!
Have a great weekend y'all!